Ulduar Report 1!

Ulduar Report 1!

Postby Mystere » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:02 am

I'm happy to report that I've been just as lazy with updates on the main page as I was four years ago when I started playing this game! I am however, happier to report that like four years ago, bosses have started dropping dead in a new instance! Ok, it isn't as challenging as Molten Core was in those days (not yet anyway) but it's still fun!

So Ulduar launched on the 15th and as expected we were greeted by every imaginable server related issue, ranging from people falling through Dalaran from eternity and being stuck on the delightful loading screens for a long time. We still managed to get a laggy raid going and beat the first encounter, Flame Leviathan, without the Hard Mode on extremely easily. After that it was impossible to do anything and we decided to just start properly the next day.

Razorscale was next and it proved to be more challenging than the first fight but that wasn't saying much. We nearly killed her the first try even.

XT-002 came next and he/she/it clearly wins the award for best voice acting for a boss, ever! Once we got comfortable with the encounter and got solid positioning going (which also didn't take very long at all), he/she/it went down fast as well.

Then came the mistake of us going for Ignis. After dealing with some really annoying trash (*^*&%^&*%% spinning tornado thingees...) we had loads of fun with Ignis's bugged cauldron and aggro resetting adds that refused to heat up. We wasted an hour or so there and decided to call it a day. The encounter wound up getting some nice nerfs and fixes later that night.

We managed to get a raid going on Friday, special thanks to the ex-raiders who decided to help out! Went for the Iron Council first and downed them after a couple of tries (with the Stormcaller dude killed last). Afterwards came Kologarn which was an even simpler encounter (besides the mad damage from his grip thingee with his right arm). Then we decided to go for Ignis as he had gotten nerfs and fixes but unfortunately that wasn't so as the first thing he did was melee people who managed to get into his cauldron. We got a few good tries on him though and got a good strategy down before we decided to end the raid.

So there you have it! This time we actually bothered to pose infront of the corpses of the bosses so hopefully I'll have some nice pictures up here whenever someone bothers to send them to me. I just took a look at the Al'akir raid progress thread and apparently Yogg Saron is down already. It's pretty unreal how some guilds have been raiding for 12-16 hours STRAIGHT and I commend their stamina and ability to maintain focus for that long.

Anyway, while we can't raid all day long and have absolutely no PTR experience, we should still have more bosses down during our next raid on Sunday. While Ulduar is undoubtedly fun, the encounters are rather easy if done without the achievements. So, till next time homies!
Mystere
Guild Master

Re: Ulduar Report 1!

Postby Exerox » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:14 am

Don't have a picture of the last one! as I was not there, snap
Exerox
Officer

Postby Exerox » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:18 pm

Also made an awsome movie, flashy as hell and probably the best movie ever made
Here it is, on torrent, it's to big for filefront wtf? :(
TDIC.torrent
The movie!
(17.69 KiB) Downloaded 345 times

1920x1080 makes it bigger I guess :P

*Edit* Found a upload site, link comming when it's finished :)
*edit* nvm that, had to pay to download it since it's bigger then 1gb!
*another edit* http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GYLY4JVR is the link, incase someone is premium member they might aswell use it :P
Last edited by Exerox on Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Exerox
Officer

Postby Seif » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:10 pm

Enjoyed reading it, as usual. Keep on going guys! :)
Seif

Postby Aluzard » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:14 pm

omg exerorx that movie wasnt watchable :<

Every 6 seconds i get a freeze for 5 seconds
Aluzard

Postby Logar » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:42 am

omg a website update, I was beginning to think you guys dont even come here anymore ;).
Gratz with the kills guys, finally some new encounters again.
-- Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose.
-- You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.
Logar

Postby Exerox » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:56 am

Aluzard wrote:omg exerorx that movie wasnt watchable :<

Every 6 seconds i get a freeze for 5 seconds

That's not my fault! works fine for me
Exerox
Officer

Postby Orgasmic » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:33 pm

split it up maybe :p or seed moar? :p
Unique, just like everyone else.
80 - Wl - Orgasmic || 80 - War - Iìiíl || 80 - Dru - Budiman || 80 - Dk - Lusti || 80 - Rog - Blacktiger || 54 Pal - Judge Fred || 58 Hnt - Bioflavonoid || 32 Shm - Iìïíl

Orgasmic

Postby Exerox » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:29 pm

My stupid PC died when I went to sleep :P back seeding now, + the megaupload works for the third other movies (+Ignis which will be here shortly!)
Exerox
Officer

Return to News